Mid-Atlantic Media, a growing media company and publisher of many niche publications including Washington Jewish Week and Montgomery Magazine, is seeking a staff writer. We’re looking for an energetic, experienced, assertive, accurate and organized reporter who is naturally curious and a quick learner to complete digital and print assignments. A real “content generator” that can produce 8-to-10 content items per week consistently.
- Pitching and writing multiple news and feature stories each week for both print and digital vehicles
- Working your reporting beats to develop sources and story ideas, and to deepen your knowledge of the Jewish community
- Conducting interviews in person and/or over the phone
- Providing photographs or other artwork for each story you write
- Taking photos and video at every opportunity
- Posting on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) daily
- Performing other editorial and administrative tasks (e.g. uploading stories to website, compiling community calendar and obituary listings, proofing pages before publication)
Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment.
Knowledge of Jewish community, Judaism and Israel is preferred; knowledge of Washington metropolitan-area Jewish community and politics is a plus; ability to work within a team framework is a requirement. The writer will be expected to produce content for multiple Mid-Atlantic Media publications and projects.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to [email protected]