1. There is less competition for buyers.
2. Winter prospects are more serious buyers.
3. Your home looks better during the holidays.
4. One of the highest percentages of “listings sold” to “listings taken” occurs during this time of the year.
5. You may receive more money for your home now because you have less competition.
6. Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during your personal
7. Buyers have more time to look at homes during holidays, especially during vacations.
8. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month — you must be on the market to
capture that market.
9. You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.
10. Corporate transferees, who need to buy a home now, can’t until spring.
Eve Rados Marinik is “seniors’ Real Estate specialist.” She can be reached at 301-221-8867, 301-548-9700 or [email protected]