Jewish groups are mobilizing to help in the Philippines, following the devastation left behind by Typhoon Haiyan. Here are some groups accepting donations:
1. The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington has opened a mailbox for community members to support relief efforts by the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), which is raising funds for relief efforts.
To make a gift by mail, send your check (payable to The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington) to:
6101 Montrose Road, Rockville, MD 20852
To make a gift by phone, call 301-230-7239. To contribute online, go to shalomdc.org and click on the Typhoon Haiyan box.
2. The Union for Reform Judaism also is accepting contributions. Go to the website for details.
3. To contribute through B’nai Brith International, go to bnaibirth.org.
To make a credit card contribution over the phone, call 800-573-9057. Checks, made payable to the B’nai B’rith Disaster Relief Fund, should be sent to:
B’nai B’rith International
Disaster Relief Fund
2020 K Street NW, 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20006
4. To contribute through American Jewish World Service, go to ajws.org or send a check to:
American Jewish World Service
45 West 36th Street, 11th floor, New York, NY 10018-7904
5. The JFNA Emergency Committee is coordinating the Federation response with JDC and its global disaster relief partners. Donations can be made on the website or by mail:
Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund, The Jewish Federations of North America
Wall Street Station, PO Box 148, New York, NY 10268.