Date(s) - Sunday, January 17, 2021
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
At a time of your choosing, watch three short documentaries about the lives of Palestinians in the occupied territories. Then, on Sunday January 17th, join an online salon at 3:00 PM ET. The live panel discussion will feature two student filmmakers and a film producer/mentor from Dar al-Kalima University.
* Saed Andoni – Former Head of Films Production Program at Dar al-Kalima University College of Arts and Culture, co-founder of Bethlehem Student Film Festival.
* Saleh Kayal Tamimi – Dar al-Kalima University College of Arts and Culture, 2014.
* Baha’ Abu Shanab – Dar al-Kalima University College of Arts and Culture, 2018.
* Suhad Babaa – (moderator) Executive Director of Just Vision, Executive Producer of Naila and the Uprising.
You must register to view the films and to join the discussion: tinyurl.com/VFHLjanuary2021. The three short documentaries are
* “Ghetto” – Issa, who was deprived of living in the old city of Hebron (Al Khalil) for a long time because of the occupation, is trying to help the rest of the Palestinians there. Filmmaker: Saleh Kayal Tamimi.
* “Visitation” – Families of Palestinian prisoners wake up before sunrise to join the international Red Cross trip to visit their sons and loved ones in Israeli prisons. Filmmaker: Noor Abu Gjhanieh.
* “The Living of Pigeons”- It’s 1:30 am and the cold is penetrating, as hundreds of workers arrive at Checkpoint 300. What will happen next is something that eyes don’t often see. Filmmaker: Baha’ Abu Shanab.
The salon is co-sponsored by Voices from the Holy Land and Bright Stars of Bethlehem. Watch the trailer for the films at tinyurl.com/trailerDKstudents.
CAPTION: Palestinian peace activist Issa Amro in Hebron (Al-Khalil) in 2012. From the documentary “Ghetto”
CREDIT: Filmmaker: Saleh Kayal Tamimi